We often think about training and dieting as easy ways to live a healthy lifestyle. The reality is, that our health and wellness is also dependent on our physical surroundings as well as our mental outlook…
Every now and then it is good to take a step back and take an honest assessment of what fills your daily activities. Are certain things an unnecessary burden to you? Are there things or people that you know easily sabotage your efforts to live a healthy lifestyle? Take a good look around and get rid of all of the JUNK! This “junk” can be physically, in the sense of unhealthy food or random clutter around your house, car or workspace. It can also be applied to people or thoughts that mentally “junk” up your quality of life. Use some of the tips below to remove the junk and start living a healthy lifestyle.
Live a Healthy Lifestyle- Physically
1. Clean out your pantry– Get rid of all the snacks and treats you have accumulated over time that always seem to get devoured during times of stress or anxiety. If you have less tempting items to eat in your house, you will be less likely to sabotage your efforts to live a healthy lifestyle. Keep healthy snack and drink options around when hunger and cravings strike. Fresh fruit and Celsius are great options to keep around in order for you to make healthier choices. You can make a healthy choice each day by taking the Celsius Challenge and incorporating Celsius into your daily routine!
2. Detaching from others– You know who I am talking about… the one person who just seems to have a black cloud following them and their drama lurks around every corner. Avoid that type of negativity at all costs! We all will have our moments from time to time when we have personal struggles, but the people who always cry for attention seem to do nothing but suck the life and fun out of others around them. The same goes for your work place- being around others who are always complaining about their job to you and other coworkers does not fix the problem at hand- it only makes the environment more negative and stressful for everyone. Find people who add quality and positivity to your life. There are billions of people in the world; you do not need to be best friends with all of them. Pick the people you surround yourself with wisely.
3. Rearrange and organize– Sometimes you need a change of scenery to break up a room or work space. Try moving a picture or piece of furniture to give you a new and renewed environment to live in. Also try cleaning out some neglected cabinet space or closets. We all have those random drawers in the house that seem to accumulate tons of cluttered items. Clean out these areas and throw out or donate any unwanted or unneeded items. Clean space is always refreshing.
All of these tips can be applied to your place of work too!
Live a Healthy Lifestyle- Mentally
4. End negative self-talk– Far too often we can be our own worst critic. Learn to focus on all of the gifts that you have rather than wishing for things like a slimmer waist or pointier nose. Those are superficial things that carry no weight on your actual self-worth. Any time you begin to dwell on thoughts or things that you “wish” you had, reverse the thought and point out all of the great things that YOU currently have to offer to others. You can also focus on the external qualities that you love about yourself like how healthy your hair is, how your teeth are naturally straight, that you have a full time job, a healthy family, a roof over your head, fresh water to drink etc.
5. Move on from the past– We all have moments that we may not have been proud of or events did not go according to plan. Rather than live in fear of experiencing similar scenarios, find out what it was that did not go as expected and learn from the past. Stop dwelling on past events and move on. Simply acknowledge any mistakes and find one positive outcome from the situation. Finding the silver lining in all things in life will help you live a healthy lifestyle by simply having a more positive outlook on what many may find a negative situation.
As you can see, in order to live a healthy lifestyle, it is so much more than going to the gym and eating well balanced meals. When your mental and physical health are in line with your training, you will be more successful in all aspects of your life. Simply use these 5 easy tips to live a healthy lifestyle once a month and see the results for yourself! We live in such a fast paced society, that reflecting is not something that we do too much of these days, but it can be very beneficial. You may even learn something about yourself in the process.
We all have our own strategies that help us get by, so please share the tips that help you live in a happier and more positive state of mind in the comments section below.