- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup fruit flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons, low sugar cereal (Grape-Nuts)
Put banana halves on plate with cut sides up. Spread peanut butter over halves. Spoon the yogurt in the middle and top with your choice of cereal.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs honey
Mix egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla together. Dip the bread into the mix cook on warmed skillet sprayed with cooking oil. Cook on both sides. Drizzle with honey. I could eat this everyday.
Lemon – Garlic Chicken Delight
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil, divided
- 1 can, quartered artichoke hearts, in water drained
- 1 lemon, sliced into 10 circles
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Heat oven to 350. In pan add 1 tbs. olive oil, cook onions for 5 min. Remove from pan. Add 2 tbs. olive oil to same pan and cook chicken, about 5 min on both sides. Take chicken and place in oiled baking pan. Top chicken with the cooked onions and drained artichokes. Top with lemon slices and sprinkle with oregano. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
I also squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and then lay the lemons on top of the chicken for an even “lemonier” taste!
- ½ cup green zucchini
- ½ cup yellow squash
- ½ cup red pepper
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup broccoli
- 1 potato peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Garlic if desired
Preheat oven to 425. Place all items in a baking dish and toss with olive oil, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Mix veggies once during cooking. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Use any veggies you like or have on hand.
- 2 Portions new potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki marinade
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried basil
- 2 portions salmon filets (about 6 oz each)
- 4 cups spinach
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, halved
- Steam cubed new potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Mix teriyaki marinade, dill & garlic in small bowl.
- Preheat broiler to low. Spray pan with cooking spray. Place salmon skin side down. Brush with marinade. Broil 6 inches from broiler for about 8 to 10 minutes until it flakes.
- While salmon is cooking. Combine salad greens, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in medium bowl and toss together.
- Divide salad between two plates. Layer potatoes and salmon over spinach.
- Top salmon and salad with a squeeze of lemon and enjoy!