When beginning a diet, delicious treats and cookies are the first thing to get kicked to the curb. This is because they tend to be high in calories, carbs, sugar and the dreaded fat. A typical store-bought oatmeal raisin cookie can average 190 calories and 29 g of carbs per cookie. The list of ingredients is also a lot longer due to preservatives and other ingredients that are added to maintain shelf life.
Rather than giving up on these sweets all together, finding healthier alternatives will help you stay on track and satisfy your sweet tooth when those cravings strike. Making your own cookies at home allows for you to control the ingredients that go into your recipe and help you maintain your goals. The healthy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe below contains only 60 calories per cookie and 12 g of carbs. That means you could eat two of these delicious homemade treats for less calories than one of the store-bought options. Drink a refreshing Celsius with this treat and you can burn 100 or more extra calories – so you can eat a cookie and not feel guilty about it later! The days of boring diets are over. Enjoy an accelerated transformation using this healthy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe and an ice cold Celsius.
- 3 Ripe Medium Bananas
- 1 2/3 Cup Uncooked Plain Oatmeal
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Cinnamon Flavored Protein
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a light mist of non stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and mash together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Begin placing tablespoon-sized pieces of dough on to the cookie sheet and press down lightly.
- Once dough has been set on the cookie sheet, place in the oven and allow to cook for 12 minutes. (Time may vary based on oven.)
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the baking sheet.
Recipe yields 20 cookies. Serving Size: 1 cookie.
Per Serving Nutritional Values:
- 60.6 Calories
- 12.2 g Carbs
- 2.4 g Protein
- .65 g Fat